Course Open - Buggies allowed (updated 16 November at 09:32)

Rathfarnham is home to several notable historic buildings, including Rathfarnham Castle and Loreto Abbey. At Loreto Abbey, Mother Teresa of Calcutta entered religious life in 1928 at 18 years of age. Padraig Pearse establised St. Enda's School, which is now a museum in his honour situated in St. Enda's Park.

Marlay Park, which adjoins Grange Golf Club, is a popular amenity of 300 acres attracting over 1 million visits each year. Popular country markets, music concerts, the miniature railway, the Regency walled gardens and Tamplin's Cottage are among the feature attractions. Colonel Bob Tamplin who resided in the latter was Captain of Grange Golf Club in 1925.

Some Milestones In Grange Golf Club History

1910 - An enthusiastic group meet inthe home of Rev. Mr. Henry Cave in Garville Avenue and decide to form a club. Land leased from Mr. Douglas Rowelly, then owner of Marlay Grange. Major Guinness elected President. Original 9 holes laid out by Tom Hood, Professional at Royal Dublin. 150 men and 90 ladies made up the early membership.

1926 - James Braid commences his commission at Grange Golf Club.

1946 - Bobby Locke and Morman Von Nida play famous exhibition at Grange with Club Pro Joe Carroll and Harry Bradshaw.

1950 - Irish Professional Championship played at Grange. Field includes Harry Bradshaw, the winner and Fred Daly.

1960 - Philip Love elected Captain in this Golden Jubilee year.

1970 - Irish Close Championship held at Grange, won by David Sheahan of the home club, to the delight of his fellow members.

2003 - New Clubhouse officially opened by Paul McGinley.

2005 - James Braid's family members visit Grange Golf Club